Counseling is helpful for couples who are:
- experiencing malaise or boredom, and yearning for improved emotional and sexual intimacy;
- weary of ongoing bickering, and wishing to make their home a softer, more loving haven;
- looking for ways to more effectively communicate their individual needs and agendas;
- looking for ways to decrease power plays, replacing them with more supportive bonds;
- seeking a deeper understanding of the factors contributing to the current struggles;
- hoping to gain clarity and confidence about next steps for their relationship, be it repair or dissolution.
Session 1: Initial intake (75-90 minute session recommended)
Session 2: Individual session with Partner A (50-minutes)
Session 3 : Individual session with Partner B (50-minutes)
Session 4: Conjoint session with couple (75-90 minute session recommended)
Ongoing: As determined by the couples’ specific needs. For couples in distress or “on the brink,” a minimum of three months of weekly sessions are recommended.