Counseling is helpful for couples who are:
- experiencing malaise or boredom, and yearning for improved emotional and sexual intimacy;
- weary of ongoing bickering, and wishing to make their home a softer, more loving haven;
- looking for ways to more effectively communicate their individual needs and agendas;
- looking for ways to decrease power plays, replacing them with more supportive bonds;
- seeking a deeper understanding of the factors contributing to the current struggles;
- hoping to gain clarity and confidence about next steps for their relationship, be it repair or dissolution.
Session 1: Initial intake (75-90 minute session recommended)
Session 2: Individual session with Partner A (50-minutes)
Session 3 : Individual session with Partner B (50-minutes)
Session 4: Conjoint session with couple (75-90 minute session recommended)
Ongoing: As determined by the couples’ specific needs. For couples in distress or “on the brink,” a minimum of three months of weekly sessions are recommended.
For couples with particularly hectic work week schedules and for whom weekly sessions are not possible, marathon counseling is offered as an alternative. Marathon counseling offers 3, 6 or 12 hours of counseling over the course of 2-3 consecutive days (offered on select weekends, Thursday – Saturday). Marathon counseling is not appropriate where there is addiction, an affair that has not ended, or domestic violence.